Sunday, August 3, 2008

You Have My Money, You Might As Well Have My Name

We've made the decision to legally change mine and Meric's last names to be the same as Breck and Bridget. I gave this considerable thought and decided I liked the idea of linking us all as a single unit...however "hetero" it may be. :) Breck is really excited and so am I. Tomorrow is my first day back at work from summer break and I'll have to let my boss know that I'll be going by a new last name. It should be an interesting transition since I've gone by two different first names in my lifetime. I lived all my life as Laura before going to college where I briefly coexisted with another Laura P. We both decided to go by our middles names since our records were forever being mixed up. So, to everyone I met prior to college I am Laura. To all others I am Holcomb. Now? Whatever. How many combinations can one person have? Bridget in her odd little way is likely to call me up tomorrow at work to say she has a spread sheet to determine all the possible ways my name could be listed. (She's a number cruncher, but we don't hold that against her.) When I ran the idea by Bridget her response was, "Well, you have my money, you might as well have my name." So true! :)

3 comments:

Jess said...

That is so cool!!! You guys will all have the same name.

becca said...

Do it!!!!!

Changing your name is fun!

I had to stand in front of a judge and explain why i wanted to change mine...

my friend Amanda got off easy though and just got a letter in the mail :)

Treefory Mosely sounds GOOD too. Almost as good as Treefory Austin! only kidding breck...i wouldn't name steal like that.

Erica said...

That is so exciting. I got off easy. I just had a lawyer friend draw up a letter and I filed it at the clerks office. Then one day I got a letter saying I was now Erica France Braswell.

By the way, How is Meric?