Monday, July 14, 2008

To Blog or Not to Blog...

Well, I guess "to blog" since here I am looking at my first ever blogging experience. The kids are with their grandparents and we spent the evening discussing whether or not to blog. Stupid, I know.

So what's a parent to do when her kids are out of the house/hair for the night? Not as easy as one would think! First of all my parents were supposed to pick the kids up from the t-ball party at the local pizza joint at 6:30. At 6:50 they pull up....ahhh...Dad's driving. You would think this would be okay. Only it makes my partner and me have instant, spontaneous, explosive diarhea. Why? My dad can't drive. There's a story in there about a trip home from the airport when he nearly ran someone off the road, had no idea why they would honk at him and didn't believe us when we told him he had caused it. I had to talk us both down out of a frenzy of worry by pointing out that it was probably good that my mom wasn't driving becuase my dad would at least tune the kids out and my mom would be playing and interacting with the kids all the way home....she would do this if she were driving too, so by not driving they were probably safer. We still worry though, because my mom has that gene where no matter what, some freak accident occurs. I pray that this time no one is seriously injured. The last time she came over to our house she sat down in a chair with Meric and somehow threw her out of the chair and over a lamp and couldn't figure out how it had happened. There was also the time when we "lost" Meric at my mom's house only to find her fully clothed running hot water into the swimming pool-sized bathtub. Oh yes! A night without the kids. This should be fun and relaxing.

6 comments:

Rainbow Momma said...

Yay! A blog. And how honored am I that I get to be your very first commenter! :D

Jess said...

welcome to blogland...now try to stay out of trouble by NOT following my example!!!

ECand3 said...

Uhhhhh...very scary stuff. I've been there. In fact, I am there - I totally get it about grandparents watching children.
Welcome to Blogland - it's a funny place.
I LOVE your children's names and they are precious.

ECand3 said...

PS - I got to you through Jess and she was right to coerce you into blogging - it's a permanent record for our kids when we otherwise wouldn't write anything down. Also a great place to vent.

K J and the kids said...

Welcome aboard...we've been expecting you.
Instead of going all "the love boat theme" on you, I will just say welcome !

Unknown said...

Hurray. Glad to meet up with you again.

My mom scares me in public because she starts talking and doesn't keep an eye on the our two year old. She was telling me the "funny" story about how someone had caught peanut getting out of her church while she was talking to other people.