Friday, July 18, 2008

Oh Crepe!


Even though there has only been one other post on this blog to date, Bridget and I have a new quote that gets said a lot, but not necessarily acted upon: "That' SO going on the blog!" Well, this is SO going on the blog now. The other night...Wednesday to be exact, the stars were not lined up for us to get along. It was a pretty stupid argument in retrospect. I wanted to go to the pool, Bridget didn't, the kids had been begging. I wanted us to go as a family, Bridget somehow thought I didn't and a lot of feelings were hurt during the block of miscommunication. I had the children suited for the pool when I get a phone call to return home so we could "visit"...feelings had already been hurt apparantly. Not wanting to miss the prime time for swimming, we turn back around from the daycare and head home...to "visit". Ultimately, after many appologies, it was decided that we would go to the pool. Now starts the fun!

We have these crepe myrtle trees that line the curb in front of our house. We hate them. We love crepe myrtles, but these are really in the way. They block our view, it messes up the parking because you end up IN the trees. We really, really hate them. When we got ready to go to the pool, I had already packed dinner and everything...towels, toys, pool bags etc. When I had to come back to the house, Bridget had already parked in the driveway. (We have to park one behind the other...mostly because of the fricking crepe myrtles.) I parked behind her. She loaded the children into her vehicle, rather than mine. It infuriated me. Now I had to move my car into the crepe myrtle parking lot AND UNLOAD EVERYTHING I HAD JUST PACKED! Why didn't we just go in MY car? In my fit of rage where I'm upset about having to come back to the house, make appologies, reload the children (no easy feat), AND unload my car and then MOVE IT, I drove into the doggone trees! Even after getting back from our snowcone frolic, I was in a much better disposition, because of how I had parked my car originally, I took out a HUGE portion of one of the crepe myrtles. While neither of us is pleased that my car is scratched up I can't help but feel that Bridget sort of smirks inwardly as she sees what a lesson on managing my temper I must have learned. Whatever. I am ticked that I scratched up my car, but I'm not sorry I tore up the tree.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Time to take those trees down!!! Mere is always getting to secretly say "told you so" after my little temper tantrums so I know how you feel.